- Problem Set 10 due at 5pm
- Office hours
- Today 1pm-4pm
- Tuesday 9am-12pm
Sample 3 students at random and get their (sample) mean age.
Results: Based on
set.seed(41), Luisangel’s favorite number.
- Question: Why do the sample means below vary?
- Answer: Because of the sampling variability induced by the random sampling!
|Random Sample||(Sample) Mean Age|
|Jack, Jared, Sam||21.7|
|Wengel, Rebecca, Steven||19.4|
|Stefan, Joccelyn, Sierra||20.0|
- Lec27-B learning check discussion
- Handout based on second figure of LC above
- Chalk talk on
- Sampling distributions
- Standard errors