- STAT 135 - Introduction to Statistics via Modeling: Fall 2017
- MATH 116 - Introduction to Statistical and Data Sciences: Spring 2017, Fall 2016
- MATH 116 - Introduction to Statistical Science: Fall 2015
- MATH 216 - Introduction to Data Science: Fall 2016, Spring 2016
- MATH 311 - Theory of Statistics: Spring 2016
- MATH 141 - Introduction to Probability and Statistics: Spring 2015, Fall 2014, Spring 2014, Fall 2013
- MATH 241 - Introduction to Data Science: Spring 2015
- MATH 391 - Probability: Fall 2014, Fall 2013
- MATH 392 - Mathematical Statistics: Spring 2014
University of Washington
- STAT/MATH 390 - Probability and Statistics in Engineering and Science: Summer 2010
Data and Code
The following are data and code for pedagogical purposes.
fivethirtyeight R Package
fivethirtyeight R package of data and code behind the stories and interactives at FiveThirtyEight.
resampledata R Package
resampledata R package consists of the data sets used in Mathematical Statistics with Resampling in R (2011) by Laura Chihara and Tim Hesterberg.
Data and code for “OkCupid Profile Data for Introductory Statistics and Data Science Courses” in the Journal of Statistics Education July 2015, Volume 23, Number 2.
Note: there has been some recent controversy surrounding data of this sort. In our case, explicit permission was obtained from OkCupid and usernames were not included in the data set.
Tutorials & Workshops
- 2017-05 USCOTS State College PA: A Fully Customizable Textbook for Introductory Statistics/Data Science Courses
- 2015 Reed College Paideia: Data Science and Visualization with Rich Majerus: Slides and Code.
- 2014 & 2015 Reed College Paideia: R for Beginners with Kristin Bott: Slides and Code.
- DataFest: DataFest is an internationally coordinated undergraduate data analysis hackathon.
- OpenIntro Statistics: I am a contributing volunteer to OpenIntro Statistics: a free and open-source introductory statistics textbook.
- Curricular Development: I helped craft the Reed College Mathematics Major with Concentration in Statistics, which debuted in the 2016-2017 academic year.